One can for every pound I lose...bring it!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Stop the Ride!


The Tilt-A-Hurl
I remember watching it spin around...hearing the screams of delight as the lights blinked and the smell of spun sugar and popcorn filled the air. I could not wait for my turn on this magical fun ride.

And then, I got into the half-moon seat. It didn't feel too secure, but at ten, I was not worried about that. It started and...

Oh. My. God. I quickly realized that the screams I heard were not delight but screams of terror, and now they were coming from MY mouth. I wanted off, and I wanted off now.


"STOP THE RIDE!"

I needed to get off, and now. Apparently, the sounds of the other screaming people must have sounded like fun to the ride operator's ears, because he made it go faster.  

"STOP THE RIDE! STOP THE RIDE! STOP THE RIIIIIDE!!!!"

My Dad was now chiming in, because after his initial reaction of laughter at my "sensitive" side, he realized I was now in mortal danger (at least in the eyes of a ten year old I was). Finally, it was stopped...just for me. I remember hearing people being upset at the stopping of the ride, but I didn't care...it was the greatest relief I ever felt (well, that, and throwing up when I got off).

There have been several times in my life I've wanted to "stop the ride." But, alas, it kept going. Yup, faster. Any other moms of teenagers know what I'm talking about.

So, after a grueling first day I

No comments:

Post a Comment