One can for every pound I lose...bring it!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Groundhog Day

You've seen the movie, right? It's a classic. Bill Murray wakes up and every day is the same day (Groundhog Day) - he keeps re-living it til he "gets it right" (loses his bad attitude and achieves true love)

Well, my friends, I have been on the Groundhog Day Diet. Every day I'd wake up, and start the same day all over again. Ya know - today's the day!! It's Day 1! It's the first day of the rest of my life!

Good intentions. They lasted til about 3, 4 o'clock. 

Then the next day would really be the day. Like, for real. But then it was someone's birthday and a piece of cake would open the door for me to slide down the slippery slope of not tracking, not counting, and "I'll start again tomorrow" attitude. 

Vicious cycle indeed! But, as you read yesterday, it was Groundhog Day again. And I did it. 

I tracked, I counted, I planned. I went to Zumba. Success! 


My tallies for the day? 
1288 calories, 30 WW points(only 1 "over" on the new system, plus I earned at least 5 at Zumba)

When I look back on the food I ate, it really doesn't "look" like much. As a matter of fact, while my husband and son were eating the pizzas I brought home (at their request - and I have been Febrezing the heck out of my car to get rid of the delicious smell!) I ate a modest dinner of pita chips, guacamole, and an orange. But I wasn't starved or anything, I just made sure I kept track along the way so I could be in charge of the numbers before they ran ahead of me. And it worked.

Hooray! And when I woke up today, I didn't feel the sense of "starting over" but a sense of continuing - for today- the seeds of good intentions that I planted yesterday. This time, let's hope they take root!

I know what I know. I have learned a lot. As many of you have I'm sure, I have lost and gained throughout my life. I have a lot of befores and afters. It's not that I'm crazy, or unmotivated. It's just really hard to get out of a rut you've been in for so long. But it's ok, and it's real life, and it's hard and complicated but it's the only one we've got so let's make it count.

I believe I can do it now. No more Groundhog Day. Cuz (sing with me!)....


I got you, babe.










 

3 comments:

  1. keep CONTINUING!!!! you got this girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting and meal planning are the hardest parts for me. I started with a notebook too. I am trying to work my way up to entering into Bodybugg on line. I feel your pain. You go Girl!

    ReplyDelete